HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shotgun scope mount?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Major Woods
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448

Major woods: This is EXACTLY my point, I've seen the factory mounted rails, and I can't imagine they make 2 different receivers for the Super Nova, so why couldn't I just mount a rail to mine as well?

A couple of questions. Is the mount angled at all or is it even profiled front to back? Is there a stiffening support or hardened steel collet embedded into the receiver from the inside? Most importantly, What's the exact length from the front of the receiver to the mounting holes?

I calipered the receiver and yeah, it should be PLENTY to hold the mount solid. I don't see why not...
Same receiver for both the guns, just that the pistol grip model comes with the receiver comes D&T. You can mount a rail, I did that to my duck gun pictured above, I D&T it in the machine shop at work.
The receiver is level and you do not need to add any angle to the rail when mounting. The Benelli receiver had a steel skeleton (mild hardness) embedded under the composet skin. It's tough to drill and tap but not so bad that carbide is needed.
You can locate the holes in a wide range of location on top, I determined where I wanted the rail first then drilled from that set point. I used 4 screws per rail then blue locktite to hold them in place.

Hope this helps some, MW