HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Couldn't believe it when I read it.
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:57 AM
V8Ranger
Nontypical Buck

People never sees to amaze me. The papers here and news on TV always blame the hunters for car deer accidents too. I got a news letter once from my auto insurance. They where trying to tell people to watch the roads this time of year because its hunting season and the hunters will be causing the deer to be crossing the roads more... I told them, so when are most of the car deer collisions??? At night aren't they??? HELLO!!! hunters are not in the woods at night!!! Its the rut, deer are looking for love, and that makes them more active all times of the day and night..... They e-mailed me back and said your right, the biggest percentage of the accidents are at night.... Hunters alway get the blame...... One Lady a few years ago wrote to the paper,in the letter to the editor section,saying hunters should have to pay an extra fee on there hunting licenses to help pay for the car/deer accidents. Man did she catch hell for that... It was hilarious, all the people that responded to that was wild.....