HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - If it had been rifle season, I'd have the biggest buck of my life...ever happen to u?
Old 10-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Hunt4Life23
Nontypical Buck

that is why i love bow hunting so much and it is so great! i have hardly any desire to gun hunt any more after i have killed plenty of deer and enjoy killing them much closer with the added challenge of shooting with a bow. yes i have had some times when i have had really nice bucks out of range and could of shot them with the gun and at that time wished i had the gun, but hunting isnt just about killing... it is about being out there and enjoying nature and being able to watch animals in their natural environment. with bow hunting i get to do that so much more than while gun hunting and to me it really adds to the whole experience. i would never trade a bow hunt for a gun hunt and the only time i gun hunt anymore is in states that i dont have the money to purchase an archery tag and only have time off to hunt during gun season. hopefully you enjoyed the close encounter with the buck and have many more of these opportunities to come! good luck