HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New hunter - NOT youth! Help
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 06:00 AM
huntard
Spike

Originally Posted by TiNk3R
Another question... if I get a .22 I assume it's a bad idea to shoot up into the trees at squirrels? Since there is no backstop that sucker will fly..
Airiron????

and yes never shoot higher than the horizon with a .22lr unless there is something behind ur target to stop the bullet, and woods typically arent trustworthy enough to shoot it.

but i agree with Big Z's post, the first response to you. That was my succession into hunting. first i got myself a 12ga (not a 20) and i hunted squirrels, birds, then rabbits for a long long time. Then i bought myself a .22lr got used to scope shooting and doing the same hunting with a scope, and i just put a deposit in for a .35cal marlin 336.

but i always got the most pleasure from rabbits and squirrels, theyre all around a relatively easy hunt if u have land, they have a nice pelt, and they taste great and you dont even really have to do much to prep them if youre out at a bare basics cabin for a few days. where a deer is a little more to deal with if you dont know what you're doing.