HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)
Old 10-11-2010, 09:10 PM
HoytMT2332
Fork Horn

Not everyone is shooting 260....Sorry, but a fixed head always penetrates better than a rage. I have used them, and like them. But for some setups, its just a terrible option. I hit a rib on the way in and that's it. No pass through. I' was shooting 242 with a 405 grain arrow. If i had a muzzy, magnus, any other fixed blade on i would have got a full pass through. Not knocking them as the deer i did shoot with one sure died quick. I'm looking for a new faster bow for next season. They are great for turkeys. If i had the KE and the money, i would use them next year. But why when there are so many other cheaper , shoot as straight broadheads out there?? I hate their commercial. Expand your killzone. HA!. That is laughable at best. Really if you ask me you kinda make it smaller. Shoulder shots happen, with a rage i don't think your killing unless your shooting an extremely powerful bow. I watched my uncle hit a deer in the shoulder with a 60 pound martin cheetah at 15 yards. The thunderhead he had did the job. A rage would fail. Not saying its not possible with alot more KE, but a rage sure as heck wouldn't have at 60lbs. Just my opinion. Like i said not knocking them, but i honestly think you get alot more for your money with many other heads. It costs alot of money to pay every celebrity hunter to say how awesome they are.