HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team 1 "Rack Attack"
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:45 PM
youngfart
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Went Out Last Night
Well I sat in a funnel last night that I have sat only once before and got on stand by 5:30. AT 6 I tickled the antlers and before I could get the antlers hung up I had deer approaching from the south from the bedding area. The leaves are all down and man were they crunchy.
The winds were out of the North and I was sitting about 18 yards from my TC which is directly across from my stand and a little west. There were coming out of the wood work, LOL and all mature does with no fawns. The last one was a 200 pounder. I thought I would shoot one for sure ,but they had me glued to my tree with bow in hand.
I was stuck in the same position for an hour,it's difficult to move when you have 7 pairs of eyes set in your direction. Then I heard the sound of a tending grunt of a buck in rut. I thought I was hearing things and then he came a running with his tounge hanging out of his mouth and he grunted every time he took a step.
He approached every doe that he could catch up with and tried mounting a few till he came up to the big girl. She turned and drew up on her hind legs and proceeded to give him a beating. I'm sure he doesn't want to have again. It sounded like she was playing the drums on his back,it was that loud ,with each hoof hitting his spine he went down and scrambled to his feet and took off for the fields.
They all headed out to the fields after that which is a mere 50 yards from the funnel. Then I could hear the sound of crunching leaves again to the west of me ,from the stand of spruce. Out came a cow moose and started my way,she needed to hurry it up as it was last light,she stopped and ate for a few minutes and proceeded out to the field also.
All in all it was my best night on stand this season even though I didn't get to draw my bow. Lot's of excitement,that's what we as bowhunters crave and look oh so forward too onstand
Well I need to winterize my 5th wheel and get my yard in shape for the winter. Hopefully I can sneak out a couple times for an evening hunt this week. Be safe and have fun guys ,if it's not fun or enjoyable it's not bowhunting. God Bless.
Rocky