HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First year ever hunting, will he come back??
Old 10-11-2010, 01:18 PM
Mr. Deer Hunter
Banned

There is holes in your post.

The first thing is that in order to be able to understand what you are talking about - we would have to know the state and the area that you are talking about.

The second problem is - 5 acres is not enough land for 3 people to hunt on. Even if one person went on each corner and you left one corner open - the cross fire would be very dangerous.

The next problem is that because you do not have enough acreage to control what comes and goes, the deer you are seeing today might be a mile from your location tomorrow. Deer roams around like horny teenagers. Especially during the rut.

So to give you my honest opinion, my opinion is - that the piece of land that you planted corn on - always had some deer activity, and might even be a good place to hunt one time - due to the fact that unless one of your neighbors hunted there previously, it might be a place where no one has hunted before. Probably not - but I am trying to look on the bright side of things.

Your problem is going to be that the deer is either going to go there for a bite to eat at night and will not return during the daytime, or that if you do see deer traveling across your land during hunting season that they might be running to get through it as fast as possible.

Again, I don't know who you are or where you live or where your piece of ground is located.

Your best bet is to find a large piece of land that allows public hunting and use it for hunting. Plus your best bet - for learning how to hunt, will be to find a mentor, someone that can teach you how to be a good / successful hunter.

Hunting is not as easy as it looks.
Its not just buying the right clothes and a rifle or a bow and sitting in the woods and shooting something. It takes years to learn how to be a hunter. Most kids never makes it past their 5th year because it is too boring for them and after a couple of years of not getting anything or seeing anything - they try a different sport and abandon hunting.