HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First year ever hunting, will he come back??
Old 10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
Unlocked
Spike

Default First year ever hunting, will he come back??

My dad, myself and brother are really love the outdoors. Fishing, canoeing and camping out on river banks etc, this year we decided to learn/start hunting game.

We started a small corn eating area on a small 5 acre tract of land in the country surrounded by more acreage of woods about 3 months ago. Put 2 cams up after about a week a few doe starting coming through and we were going crazy. After about another month our first spike came through, it has since hung around for the past couple of weeks every few days just before daylight.

Then yesterday, this guy walks through, I was pretty sure our neighbors were going to call the cops when they heard me let out a yell that we finally had a shooter on our land.

That "scrape" looking area under him is actually an old rotted out stump hole, its about 2 foot in diameter to use as a reference of how big he is.

Thing is, its the first time he has came through, and it took nearly 2 months for the spike to come through.

Will he come back?

Only other thing is, the area our land is in, is surrounded by land that lots of other hunters hunt also. Ive seen some of their "trophies" they shoot anything larger than a button buck.
Attached Images