HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can You Guess What Broadhead Made This Hole? (Graphic)
Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 AM
LKNCHOPPERS
Nontypical Buck

Talk is cheap and the "Proof Is In The Pudding". If you are hitting shoulder bones very often you probably need to set your accuracy goals higher and get out there and practice. A paper plate sized group at 20 yards doesn't cut it in my book, but you may qualify for camp cook.

The Rage is the Only Mechanical I have shot after being a strict fixed blade broadhead user for 31 years.

I base my statements on facts, not speculation like your rusty puckett or fieldpoint comment. A pencil sized hole doesn't give you much blood to track or cause as much hemorrhage. The basic principle bow hunting is based on, is HEMORRHAGE in case you didn't know. Out of the last nine deer I shot, 6 were shot with the Slick Trick 100 Magnums and the last three with Rage 2 Blades. The six with Slick Tricks left inconsistant blood trails and some did't pass thru, while the last three were shot with a Rage, all passing thru and good blood trails.

BTW: None were hit in the shoulder bone.

Shoot what you want and if you didn't like my post move to the next one or better yet read it and maybe you will learn something.

Make no mistake, the Rage 2 Blade is not for everyone, if you are not shooting a heavy enough arrow at a fast enough speed you will most likely have poor results. What works for one person does not work for someone with a different setup.

Originally Posted by Ranger77
nobody aims for shoulder bones, c'mon you know that, and you also know its common to hit them

its actually EASY to beat these heads, just (A) use a broadhead that cannot fail to open and (B) has much better penetration qualities

I submit any broadhead you would have shot with that hit you made would have resulted in very similar results.

I also submit you could have used a dull and rusty bladed Puckett's Bloodtrailer and killed the deer just as dead too ... I don't reccommend that, but it would have gotten the job done.