HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Boy and a Trophy Bear
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 05:33 AM
ACLakey
Fork Horn

Default A Boy and a Trophy Bear

I started out the day taking my daughter out to shoot my deer under the Oregon Mentor program. We hiked to a rocky knob over looking a drainage where deer frequently travel.

We saw a half dozen does and fawns, but nothing with horns. I received a text message from a hunting buddy stating his boy Adam just got a monster bear and they needed some help. His son and my daughter are in the same class in school so she was excited and eager to quit our hunt and help them out. The next text came through and stated, bring your quad and some help. We drove an hour into town, grabbed some gear and our other hunting partner and headed out. We found them about 1/2mi down the hill from the bear and Adam was smiling from ear to ear. We followed an old skid trail to within 100 yards of the beast and started to work. My good camera took a dump on me so all we have in the field are crappy cell phone pictures. We took some better shots once we got home.
He is a BEAST

He was so heavy I had to back down the hill because trying to drive forward would pick the rear end of the quad off the ground!
One happy hunter.

My daughter was not able to get a buck this weekend, but she was a real help and had a great time. Both of them are going to have a whopper of a story to tell today at school.