HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Binocs, mid grade?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 04:45 AM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I never put "high quality" with the word "Simmons" in the same sentence. LOL!

Pentax beats Bushnell in bino's. I think they're the best value for quality on the market. I use to have serious eye problems so I went on a buying spree and found the Pentax to be very good binos... depending on which model(s) you got.

Originally Posted by tealboy
...they give me neck fatique...
You need to get bino straps that rest on your back and shoulders rather than your neck. Crooked-Horn Outfitters makes some very nice bino straps that has straps that fit over each shoulder. They cross in the back almost like suspenders and the binos are attached in front you hanging similar to regular bino straps, except the weight is distributed evenly over more surface area. Allen makes some that are almost identical and they're cheaper. Gander Mountain has some and I'm thinking Cabelas too. You can find them on eBay and the internet quite easily. You can get them from $10 to $30 depending on brand and color(black or camo)

Yeah, and skip the tri-pod. Way too cumbersome. If you have to go that route, get a mono-pod with a swiveling head. They're cheaper, easier to maneuver and lighter.

Good luck,

iSnipe