HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stupid question:
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Troop
Spike

Default Stupid question:

Is the new Z7 as smooth and as easy to shoot as the older Q2 model?

I purchased the Mathews Q2 model back in '01 - was smooth, consistent...etc., everything I wanted in a bow.

After 3 years, I jumped on the 'speed' bandwagon and bought a Bowtech Extreme VFT. At first, I had problems pulling this bow back, but after I got used to it, it had absolutely no handshock whatsoever. One issue I had was that it felt like it wanted to jump out of your hand at full draw. After 2 years, one of the limbs cracked and after dealing with the customer service (which was an undesirable experience), I had limbs replaced. The bow was never the same again. I went back to the Mathews.

I then bought a High Country Speed Pro. This bow was a beauty, was lightweight, and had blazing speed. It was a loud bow (or should I say, louder than the bowtech and mathews I had). I could never tune this bow no matter how hard I tried. I brought it to different technicians and we could never get it right. I got rid of it. Again, I went back to my Mathews Q2.

I shot the Mathews DXT and Reezen and was not impressed by either. I was surprised how loud and jumpy they were.

Recently, I have read good things about the Hoyt Maxxis and the Mathews Z7 but have not gotten off my behind to test either of them.