HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Prohunter - terrible trigger...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 09:21 AM
HEAD0001
Nontypical Buck

The above guys are absolutely correct. No reason for a rifle to cost that much and need a trigger job, But it does. A spring might help the pull but may not necessarily help the creep.

For me a high quality trigger is mandatory on a rifle.

Personally I sent my actions to Bellm to have the triggers adjusted exactly the way I want them. It cost extra money, but I have come to expect that cost on just about any firearm sold out there. Is it right---NO. But it is what it is.

You could send it back to TC but that is no guarantee it wil come back the way you want. I have seen several actions sent back to TC because of a bad trigger, and only a couple came back as acceptable-but still not nominal.

The only MZ out there I know of with a great trigger out of the box is the Knight rifles with their rifles that have their fully adjustable trigger(not al of them). It is the only trigger that I feel qualified enough to do the adjustment myself. Along with the Canjar triggers.

Personally I would not attempt to do a triger job on an Encore. Too complicated for me. But then I also am not satisfied with just a spring change. I want my trigger to be honed and polished correctly. And obviously that is too much to expect from a factory trigger. Tom.