HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - albinos and pibalds
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 12:14 PM
eng40sqd
Fork Horn

Default RE: albinos and pibalds

Gryan,
I had heard all the superstitions that go along with shooting an albino or pieblad whitetail. I can assure you that atleast for me they were un-true. I harvested a amazing 11 point pieblad a number of years ago... I will try to post a picture if it on here as soon as I can a pictured snaped and posted. I also killed a second bucj that day as well as several more animals that season. I also have just about every season killed atleast one animal since then, most seasons several deer.

I have had people tell me they would never harvest one but I can honestly say I am glad I did and if I never shot another large whitetail I could be disappointed as I have a truely amazing trophy that alot of people will never see except in pictures.

I only wish I had gotten a full body mount at the time but I was young and on a budget and could only afford a shoulder mount, so if you should decide to let your son harvest this once and a lifetime animal then if you have the room then maybe strongly think about a full body mount! JMO