HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - buying land with others?
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Doubled 150
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by skillet01
One reason i would like to buy land with others is because i am already a landowner in another state (ny). I want the guys that have helped out over the last ten years on my property to be able to own some land as well and return the favor. Then they will have a reason to help out (other than just being a nice guy)and protect their investment. I would also like to own some property in pa and not have to sell the ny property located 20 min from home. Most land in pa would be about 1 hour from home. Which would mean no evening hunts on a whim. The main factor is the price. Pa land is about 1000-1500$ acre (more if not recently logged). There is no way just one of us could buy 100-200 acres alone. The cost of leasing is rapidly increasing was 6-9$ acre now 16-19$ per acre. If you don't lease or hunt game lands you won't have a place to hunt. Just some rough figures with 5 guys we would invest 7000$each . Then pay 1400 per year each for 15 years for mortage/ins.,taxes ect. Until the mortage is paid off then 300$.
I wish I could find some land for that. Land near my house has been going for around $5000/acre. There are 318 acres being auctioned off tomorrow about 6 miles from my house. They owners said they won't take less than $5,500/acre. It's prime hunting.