HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 9 - Team Buckaneers
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 05:16 AM
Lady Forge
Nontypical Buck

Yesterday morning I headed to the park on the herd reduction Bowhunt ...I took the climber and climbed one of my favorite trees... its a great spot I have proabably killed 10 deer out of it over the last few years
First I see a yote come trotting through after it had ran by Christine at 15 yards ( she was just a few hundred yards away in another tree and they dont allow us to kill yotes in the park ) and then not any thing else for about an hour except a lone doe out of range... then in the thicket I see movement, first thing I thought was , DAMIT here comes a pack of yotes, but it wasnt yotes it was 2 does with their young ones. Once they cleared the thicket I saw I had a nice hole to shoot through on the trail they were traveling on. The first doe entered the hole and I bleated to stop her and settled the 20 yard pin on her and let it rip.... shot looked perfect... grabed another arrow nocked it and the 2nd deer entered the hole and I mouth bleated to stop it and settled the pin again and let it rip... shot looked like a good double lung... grabbed another arrow and nocked it and the 3rd doe entered the hole and I rembered I only had one tag left and I needed to save it for a buck.. so the 3rd Doe got a free pass
Well the 1st Doe was a perfect heart shot and went about 40 yards and dropped dead... the 2nd deer was her button and it was a double lung that cut half of a rib on the entrance and completely broke in half the exit rib and it dropped not 6 feet from its mother.
Now I prefer not to shoot button bucks but unfortunatly I didnt see its buttons
Here are few pics.
Attached Images