HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 20 Thread Red Mist
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 02:24 PM
halfbakedi420
Nontypical Buck

was the 1st day of bow saturday...nailed a doe, she walked up, handed me a letter, it asked if i would just put her out, so i did... and a lil piggy, 1st pig with the bow, was a lil guy, but i was still stoked...had to spot and stalk the whole mess of them 400+ yards, forgot the range finder...of course....took the 1st shot, after holdin the bow back fer 2-3 minutes, i thought i went high, figured it was because i was just tired, so i sent another, went high again, so i moved in a few more yards, by the time i got set, they were gettin ready to leave, and he was only one in shootin distance, booyahh, the arrow hit a lil twig on the way through, missed my mark by a couple inches, but the hog only went 30-40 yards before keeling over....

i wasnt sure i hit him, i couldnt find the arrow, but i went in 20 yards and started a spiral, thats how i knew, when i seen the blood....just wanted to share that...its always good to spiral out and look fer sign anyways, even if ya think ya missed...i did eventually find the arrow, and it was covered in sand, had i not found the pig 1st, i mighta thought i didnt hit him at all, just shrugged it off, there was very little blood on the arrow.. and i found the 1st two shots, they were right side by side in the dirt, less than an inch apart. practice does pay off....need to practice wearing the range finder lol

yes, i absolutely stalked those hogs for 400 yards wearin those shorts and that white shirt...basically walkind down a straight dirt road right to them..me and the clothes washed in scent free products

Name:  Oct02_0008.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  85.2 KB

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 10-04-2010 at 02:36 PM.