HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I threw all conventional wisdom out, except hunting the wind
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 PM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

I see lots of game just stepping outside the vehical to go to take a leak.I just got back from my Moose hunt where I hunted For a week, and found a Cow moose in this meadow,calling her mating call and heat call, for over an hour straight. If I didn't see her alone, and actually calling, I would have thought she was getting ganged banged by a herd of bulls, she was craving sex something fierce, just crying to get laid. Nothing came out to her calls though, that is until my buddy gave a couple of Bull calls after she finished.About a minute later, a nice Bull stepped out in the open meadow, but both of us couldn't get a clear clean shot at him.When they left, we got a better plan of attack into gear, we radioed to our crew and a different buddy and my brother shot the bull.It was awsome.Unconventional tatics, can play huge in unconventional situations.Moral alot of guys can hunt a very small area and be successful if you cooperate.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 10-03-2010 at 04:19 PM.