HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What is your position on this "Monster Buck rule" when hunting on his land?
Old 10-03-2010, 12:43 PM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by propaganda
I know it's harder for guys that don't have a lot of public land to hunt but I am lucky to live in Alberta with 100,000,000 acres or so public. The guys I do hunt with are so unselfish that way, even friends that own land, they are happy to let you shoot a big buck. Most the time we fight about telling the other guy "you shoot you shoot!" and the buck gets away lol.
I feel the same way in you do in British Columbia. Lucy to live here.
All my hunting buddies are unselfish as well.
Exept we are all in kill mode, so that Trophy animal doesn't have much of a chance. If you have a tag you shoot. We all help back out and pitch in money and time to divide the meat amongst us.The lucky trigger puller gets the mount. The rest of us live with lots picture memeries cause we are into the beer by then and don't remember anything else.We are sober till a kill happens than the hunting for the day stops, and the cleaning and packing party begins and doesn't stop till 11:00 that night. Then we sober up and are in kill mode the next morning. I love living on the bush and Mountains of British Columbia for a couple of weeks.I wish I could just get lost there
forever. Maybe oneday I will.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 10-03-2010 at 12:50 PM.