HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First archery Kill!
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 04:33 PM
Hunting Kuk
Nontypical Buck

Default First archery Kill!

I got in the stand this mornen at about 6:15, it was real calm chilly just a real good morning. I didn't hear a deer until about 8:30 I heard a doe blowing over a hill at my dad. At 9:30 I heard a deer about 60 yard's behind me in the wood's blowing. I checked my wind and it was in my favor so I just stayed still. About 10 minute's later I looked to my left in the wood's and saw a deer trotting towards the field I was in. I noticed she was alert so I drew my bow slowly when she was behind a tree. She stepped out into the field and stopped I re judged my yardage and guessed her at about 35 yard's. I released the arrow and watched it hit her. She took off running, about 1 minute after i shot her a yearling came about 5 feet from my stand. I waited for dad and we got down and looked, we found her piled up 100 yard's from where she was hit. She was hit perfect behind the shoulder, I'm shooting 1 inch cutting dimater broad head's and I didnt find blood till the last 10 yard's of her run? Anyway I am tickled to have her. We've got some meat in a cooler hopefully tommrow we can eat us some goooood deer
BTW first bow deer, 35 yard shot, 2nd day of Arkansas bow season