HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First time ever with ML (Omega, BH209) - Range Report
Old 10-02-2010, 08:15 AM
7.62NATO
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I did have a blast. I can't to go out again to figure out which bullets she likes best.

Put a comb riser/cheek rest on the stock today and it definitely makes me feel more comfortable as far as a cheek weld goes, but it definitely messes with the ergonomics of the rifle. That rifle felt really good when I'd pull it up with just the irons...just felt really natural and fast (to aim). I guess the comb riser will just take some getting used to. Not thrilled about the looks of it...looks a little too "tacti-cool" for a muzzleloader. And this is coming from a guy who has shot both deer and turkey with an M14!

Thanks for the suggestions on tapping the scope. If that were the issue, it would make sense if I had adjusted, fired, and fired again and the two shots were way off. I always make two-shot groups when sighting a scope, and they were always +/- 1/2 MOA. As long as it's still zeroed when I go back to the range, I don't think it's anything to complain about to Leupold until AFTER the season.

I had a good time with the BH209. I've never shot anything else at all since this is my first time with a ML, but at this point I see no reason to do so as long as it keeps performing like this. If I had needed to swab between shots, I don't think I would have gotten close to having my scope zeroed.