HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - where would you put or aim ??
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 11:41 AM
SecondChance
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by excalibur43
I also know for a fact of being a Sniper for several LE agencies for now over 18 yrs, that an individual cannot sustain life for more than several seconds and continue with a placed shot into the heart from any high powered weapon due to the kinetic energy displaced into the chest area and central nervous system

I have personally shot a hog with a with a .308 using a 165 grn Nosler Bal. Tip at 2200fps out of my Lone Eagle pistol at 37 yds and travel over 150yds with both lungs and heart blown out!!!!

Which story are you stickin too? LOL
I was speaking of the individual that said a person can continue for up to 15 seconds with a heart shot. I don't see it happening from first hand experience.

I know that hog I shot with the 308 pistol covered that distance in under 5 seconds and was running dead from the start for I watched it from hit to drop. They have 10 times more endurance than any human to continue on after being injured.

I'm just saying that if you are going to shoot it, use enough gun and be done with it. I am not trying to start a pizzing match with no one from either stance. I am just stating what I know from my own personal experiences. If I offended you, that was not the intent.