HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What the ****
Thread: What the ****
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 PM
NebBuckHunter
Fork Horn

I actually work for Cabelas, and rest assured, the site is a work in progress. It went fully live yesterday and there will be changes based on feedback.

Product reviews are still available, unless no one has written one, so that feature has not changed.

As for the comment regarding sales taxes in Texas. Everywhere there is a Cabelas store or distribution center, people must pay taxes in that state. Texas will soon have three Cabelas stores so unless your way out in west texas its kind of a give and take on that matter.

If you have the option of buying from cabelas, or paying the same price at another store you are better off purchasing at cabelas even if it is only for their customer service and return policy. If you buy cabelas gear, it is guarenteed for the life of the product. Returning a pair of hunting boots worn for several years at no cost to the customer is a normal thing there, because boots should last a while under normal wear and tear.

Just a little info/advice. Doesn't make any difference to me as Sometime I purchase items at Scheels which is 15 minutes away as opposed to going to Cabelas 45 mins away...