HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Bow Kill
Thread: First Bow Kill
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 05:57 PM
HardwoodHunter
Fork Horn

Default First Bow Kill

Got my first bow kill tonight, boy what a rush that is. Now I know why people say once ya get one with a bow you won't want to use a rifle haha, Anyways, about 30 minutes before dark I hear crunch crunch crunch right behind me. I turn real slow to see what it is....AH! just a little fawn, but oh well, still some action to watch for a little bit. About twenty seconds later i hear crunch crunch crunch from the same spot...here comes mamma! They slowly feed their way infront of me. All of a sudden as i'm watching them they turn and seem to be looking right at me. I didn't move, make noise, anything...just thought they caught wind of me ya know? So they run off...but, I was wrong..from the same spot they came out here comes a nice little crotch horn. There was no hesitation, I'm about to go for my first bow kill. As I start thinking that my heart just starts racing haha. Anyways, i give him about 5 minutes to slowly feed and move out infront of me to a comfortable location for a shot. finally, he gets 18 yards out, quartering away, head down and slowly walking. I give a little noise to stop him, perfect. There he is...18 yards, still quartering away and completely stopped. Here goes nothing, I let the release go and send my Easton xx75 with a thunderhead broadhead his way. THWACK! clean pass through, both lungs. Instantly I'm shaking and just praying that he'll go down...he runs about 40 yards and DOWN HE GOES! My first kill with a bow, most rush i've ever had in the woods. I'm now a bowhunter for life. Pics will be up tomorrow! Goodluck everyone else!