HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A real eye opener today--
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Mr. Deer Hunter
Banned

I don't blame this on the people who owned Remington in the past, but with the corporation that now owns Remington where a corporation like Walmart or a chain store like Dicks comes along and tells them that there is a market for cheaply made guns - in the price range of about $350.00 - with a scope.

All you have to do is put your name on it and we will sell it.
Kind of like buying out KIA and putting Cadillac on the hood.
It's still a KIA!

Their other mistake was to cheapen the 7600 pump rifle.
Any gun manufacturer that openly tells it's customers that a 3 inch group at 100 yards with a 30-06 Springfield is an acceptable amount isn't going to stay in business very long.

The problem is - I see these commercials on television all the time where someone is bragging how much money they saved. You don't have to pay your taxes - hire a lawyer. You don't have to buy a Chevrolet - buy a KIA, you don't have to get 13 miles to the gallon - I get 40. You don't have to buy name brands - buy a Chinese piece of crap. Save your money, put it in your own pocket and keep it there. Then the country can't figure out - why they put out billions of dollars in aid for corporations, but they can't balance the budget because the other corporations are not paying any taxes.

You would hope that when you buy a American made product that the money from the sale of the product would stay in this country and you would hope that when you spend $350 on something that you would get $350 worth of something. When a company openly tries to deceive you by thinking that the number is similar and that maybe the barrel and action is the same quality and the only difference is the stock and the finish. You will always have some sucker that will buy it for himself or his kids because he / she wants to save a couple of dollars. When you find out that it is junk and has no resale value - you are stuck with it or you just lost your investment.

That is the reason why all my older guns are Remington's and Winchester and Browning's and all my new guns are Browning's.