HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Favorite Mathews??
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 05:19 AM
tealboy
Typical Buck

Default Favorite Mathews??

As some now know, my Mathews Q2 blew a limb. I returned to the shop for warranty and it got me looking at some new products. However, they also had a few used Mathews that were traded in for the new season and the prices are pretty good. Having been out of the market for awhile, was wondering if there was a particular model that was considered a favorite amoung hunters. Mine is a 2000-2004 generation but they had some nice used bows called Switchback, Outback and a few other models that would work for me. I do realize the warranty might be an issue though one deal told me Mathews is pretty good about covering stuff, especially if I was buying a used bow from an authorized mathews dealer.

anyway, my question is, my Q2 will be fixed and works fine but I am wondering if any of the newer used generation bows would be better than what I have. By trading my q2 and getting a used but newer bow, it wouldn't cost a lot. I don't have the cash for a brand new mathews, nor the interest, so your input on this is appreciated. Hunting is for whitetails in Florida and I only shoot when the season arrives, not yr round. Would the newer bows do something my Q2 doesn't do?