HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 14 Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 07:34 AM
Doubled 150
Typical Buck

Been out a couple times so far. I have to make an adjustment to my plan of attack. My neighbor has CRP fields to the north of our farm where the deer have been bedding. We have 3 acres of standing corn and a 15 acre alfalfa field on the south side of our farm where the deer come to feed. I've got 3 small food plots stationed between the CRP and the primary food source. The plan was to intercept the deer as they stopped for an appetizer at one of the small plots before heading to the main course. The first time I went out, I jumped the buck in the pic below, as he was bedded not 40 yards from one of my stands. Why the heck was he bedded there? Well, it turns out, my neighbor has mowed his CRP fields. Now the deer are bedding in our woods between my hunting plots and the corn/alfalfa field. Yesterday, I hunted in a set that's hung between where I jumped the deer the first time out and the standing corn. He gave me the slip again. He has evidently altered his travel route because he was spotted in the alfalfa field right before dark with another good buck. I think I'll be able to get out there Wednesday evening. If so, I'm going to setup right between the corn and alfalfa. Hopefully he'll show up before dark and I can get us on the board.

Hope you all are doing well. Good luck.