HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - UPDATE What is this?? UPDATE new pic.
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Rowdyhntr0411
Spike

KS - I really maintain that we need clearer pictures, but thought that outlining the shape after magnifying the picture could be helpful for others to look at.

2lunger - I never said wiki was fact. You have not posted any scientific facts either there buddy. Get YOUR facts down first before saying there ARE NOT any of an animal. Show the rest of us proof the same way you are asking for proof. PS. I'm a girl.

"In cats, melanism results in the fur of the animal being very dark or black in colour. In many cases the usual markings of the animal can be faintly seen through the dark fur, especially at certain angles in bright sunlight. Melanism occurs because of a mutation or abnormality of one of the cats genes which is associated with coat coloration and markings. Melanism is hereditary, but is not necessarily passed directly from one generation to the next - it is therefore common to see ‘mixed’ litters with one black cub along side normally coloured brothers and sisters. Melanisim can also occur in other species of wild cat - black coated caracal, Geoffrey’s cat, margay, bobcat, ocelot, jaguarundi and serval have been noted in the smaller cats as well as occasional mention of the coloration in the larger lion, tiger and cougar. " - from a site about wild cats.

Again though it could well be dogs, without clear video or a clearer photo there's not a surefire way of knowing.