HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Warning outfitter
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2010, 04:08 PM
scooter0129
Spike

Originally Posted by LuckyChucky
I have just returned from Canada hunting with Delorme Outfitters for my 7th time,and believe me I am one of the first people to say you don't know someone til you hunt with them! Although they are not the most professional outfit in the world it gives more of a comfortable and personal feel.I have had several experiences to contradict the post i have seen on this site.I have been guided to shoot small deer and was held responsible for my deer ,which i expected to be...when you pull the trigger and kill,it is your deer,NEVER have i seen a deer "left" because of ground shrinkage.I have taken several hunters there with me and have seen satisfied as well as not satisfied hunters,but all were there in fair chase and given the chance to kill huge deer.On the most recent trip i hunted with a hunter that was present when the hunter was awoken by Leon Delorme with punches,and he told a totally different story of the hunter being loudly vocal because of the hotter that normal circumstances in Canada,and therefore not many deer were seen.I can tell you ,noone is responsible for the weather,especially Leon.I can say for CERTAIN! that he does not shoot on land that he does not have permission to shoot on.The Native Americans have different privelages than provincial people in Canada.I think that anyone who hunts knows that you just can't please everyone,and you see a different person when you hunt with them.I can only say that I have had great experiences at Delorme Outfitters and would NEVER think of going anywhere else to hunt huge deer.Oh ,by the way there is a limit that Canada puts on animals taken from there and you can't fool customs.Also i have always been in the stand before daylight and was told to bring walkie talkies to communicate with the guide in case of early kill and have never personally experienced any problems of being left too late in my stand.I am sad to say that the remarks of a crybaby online has deterred one of my friends from making the trip with me next year to Leon's place...my advice to him is don't believe everything you read!In closing i want to say that nowhere else on earth can you take a monster deer like in Meadow Lake ,Saskatchewan,and Delorme Outfitters has always gone through what i think is a lil' extra to make sure you get a good animal.And to confirm,Leon's dad is a very good man and him and Leon searched for almost 5 days for a deer that we found blood from and covered literally miles and even after we had returned they searched for this animal,so i don't believe the hunter who says they give no effort in recovering an animal...we trailed for 4 hours to find one of mine,and needed assistance from coyotes and birds then.This is my side of the story!!!OH YEAH...i got a 12 point typical and an old 11 pointer!!!!!

As I keep an eye on this forum looking to see if Leons family post responces i believe this to be one. This guy has hunted with Leon for the last 7 years and this is his first post and decides now to get on the forum. If you had a great hunt good for you, what kind of hunter are you anyway going to the same place 7 years in a row to sit in a box in sept. and shoot 2 deer for $7500. Something doesnt make sence, you say that there was someone with you while I was there. I know the 3 other people that were in the house that morning Leon showed up at 4am and woke me up threatening to kill me and taking a swing at me and those 3 people have not left the country and would never go there again, 2 of them gave up there deposits for last year to go back in December in fear of Leon.

Again I will make the following statements dont believe anything I say..... CALL the Meadow Lake Mounties and ask for youself. If you need the number send me an email and I will provide it.

Please do your homework before going to any outfitter. Yes You might have a good time ther or you might get woken up at 4am you have to make your own decision.

Also this has been the only time I have ever put up a negative thing about any outfitter. And I travel every year and have had no other problems.