HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyoye huntin, and I need help
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:47 PM
huntard
Spike

well i have a savage mark II fv hunting .22 and i'm going to use velocitors and yellowjackets, see which works best. the only reason i'm using the .22 is because i only have that and a shotgun, and i dont feel like spending a ton of cash on a new gun plus im a really good shot on moving targets especially from the bench. The shotgun is a sure thing its full choke and i'll use hornady #4 buckshot varmint express. Either one of the 2 will get the job done with the right shot, i'm gonna first try with my rifle and if that really isnt doing the trick ill switch to the shotgun which will most definitely take them out.

i have a raccoon distress call that sounds the exact same as a rabbit distress its closed reed, but i'll keep it in an inner pocket to make sure it doesnt freeze, and i read about call patterns on that link you gave me followed by a lone howl followed by distress then about an hour of silence. Do i need to get a coyote call or can i make howls from the predator call?

and in regards to the land i think im going to do that, move from 4 different locations every hour or so, ill have the 2 in my stands and 2 on fields that are spread out. but when i set up in a field should i set up, upwind because they'll come from down? or should i just try to set up in mid field under cover?