HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Coyoye huntin, and I need help
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 08:24 AM
PREDATE
Typical Buck

What I do is just scan quickly every few minutes. I always use a red filter/lens on my light. Try not to shine eyes with the direct beam. It might be difficult to hunt with a light out of a stand with only one shooting lane(all you'll see is the tree lit up). I try not to shine anything in front of me like sticks and weeds. This is why I usually hunt field/brushlot edges. If you do hunt at night you may be able to get away with putting up a stand thats less concealed so that you can see more around you, just as long as you don't move around alot. I camoflage my gun even for night hunting. The more senses you can "fool" the better your chances. When you're calling you could try to hang a turkey feather from a stick and place some kind of scent near it(within gun range)such as fox/coyote urine.I'm gonna try some bobcat or deer urine. I accidently trapped a feral cat last year,it was frozen stiff so I stuck it in the snow under my stand. It brought in a nice red fox that tasted my 12Ga. Also, watch out for Great Horned Owls,I had a couple of them inches from landing in my lap.Do you have any fields on your land? How many acres do you hunt?