HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Warning outfitter
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 08:19 PM
LuckyChucky
Spike

Originally Posted by scooter0129
I just returned from a early season deer hunt in Meadow Lake Saskachewan with DELORME OUTFITTERS. Please heed this warning and avoid this outfitter. The owner Leon Delorme a native indian is not stable and will throw you out if your not happy with what they do there. It starts with guides that have no clue and are just taxi drivers. They were late to pick us up every day including getting in our stands after sun up, walking out of stands at 11am to meet them as they requested and them not showing up till 12:45. Taking me on a 2 hour ride into the bush to call for moose and elk and realizing they have no gas and having to turn around without ever hunting. Driving out to a stand and finding another hunter already there. Then you must be carefull what you say at the lodge as it is his motherinlaws house. She sits in her room in the back and listens to everything you say and then tells the owner Leon. Upon telling the rest of our guys we booked a earlier flight the next day we were hostily woken up at 5am to a crazy owner yelling at us threatening to kill us and taking a swing at me while we were still in bed. Normally we would have kick the **** out of him but wiser minds thought about where we were on an indian reservation in canada, who knows who was down stairs or waiting for us out side so we just left and caught an ealier flight. PPPLLLEEEAAAASSSEEEE do not book a hunt at DELORME OUTFITTERS MEADOW LAKE SAKACHEWAN
I have just returned from Canada hunting with Delorme Outfitters for my 7th time,and believe me I am one of the first people to say you don't know someone til you hunt with them! Although they are not the most professional outfit in the world it gives more of a comfortable and personal feel.I have had several experiences to contradict the post i have seen on this site.I have been guided to shoot small deer and was held responsible for my deer ,which i expected to be...when you pull the trigger and kill,it is your deer,NEVER have i seen a deer "left" because of ground shrinkage.I have taken several hunters there with me and have seen satisfied as well as not satisfied hunters,but all were there in fair chase and given the chance to kill huge deer.On the most recent trip i hunted with a hunter that was present when the hunter was awoken by Leon Delorme with punches,and he told a totally different story of the hunter being loudly vocal because of the hotter that normal circumstances in Canada,and therefore not many deer were seen.I can tell you ,noone is responsible for the weather,especially Leon.I can say for CERTAIN! that he does not shoot on land that he does not have permission to shoot on.The Native Americans have different privelages than provincial people in Canada.I think that anyone who hunts knows that you just can't please everyone,and you see a different person when you hunt with them.I can only say that I have had great experiences at Delorme Outfitters and would NEVER think of going anywhere else to hunt huge deer.Oh ,by the way there is a limit that Canada puts on animals taken from there and you can't fool customs.Also i have always been in the stand before daylight and was told to bring walkie talkies to communicate with the guide in case of early kill and have never personally experienced any problems of being left too late in my stand.I am sad to say that the remarks of a crybaby online has deterred one of my friends from making the trip with me next year to Leon's place...my advice to him is don't believe everything you read!In closing i want to say that nowhere else on earth can you take a monster deer like in Meadow Lake ,Saskatchewan,and Delorme Outfitters has always gone through what i think is a lil' extra to make sure you get a good animal.And to confirm,Leon's dad is a very good man and him and Leon searched for almost 5 days for a deer that we found blood from and covered literally miles and even after we had returned they searched for this animal,so i don't believe the hunter who says they give no effort in recovering an animal...we trailed for 4 hours to find one of mine,and needed assistance from coyotes and birds then.This is my side of the story!!!OH YEAH...i got a 12 point typical and an old 11 pointer!!!!!