HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 03:52 PM
HuntingEd
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, made it out all day Friday, had a great morning. I took a buddy from work who's only killed one deer his whole life and has never seen more than 3 deer a day. I took him to my favorite opening day spot then back tracked about 150 yrds and went up a tree. 30 min after daylight he smokes a doe! It was a perfect shot, she was quarting away at 20 yrds and he did a great job 'aiming for the exit' and it only went about 40 yrds. I saw a bunch of deer and so did he, it was great for both of us. Saw about 10 does and 5 small bucks, which is great cause 3 years ago we lost 85% of our herd to blue tounge and its been dead for the last few years. I'm really encouraged for that farm this year.

I didnt get out on sat cause I was busy doing family stuff, I'm gonna try to get out for an evening hunt this week after work to another farm where I've got 2 nice bucks I'm working on.

Just a tip for you east coast guys, ACORNS! good grief I've never seen acorns as big as they are this year! Who would have thought that they driest year we've had would produce such monster acorns?? I'm telling you, they were the size of plums! It blows me away... the deer are vacuuming them up.

I've got a batch of deer jerky in the dehydrator tonight! Gotta clean out the freezer with hopes of killing another!