HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Help Bears chasing out deer!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 05:42 AM
Jeff Ovington
Nontypical Buck

Bring in some alligators to eat the bears?
This thought processs shoulda been done a long time ago and it's a little late now.Feeders might bring in animals you want and some and you don't want.You need BACK UP plans dude, hopefully you learn a lesson and don't do this again.Obviously this was done at the last minute and your just seeing the results of it.And I don't mean the feeder installed.I mean your thought process with no thought.Either purchase more feeers but it's a little late, cause their diet will change or move itin hopes that they wil go there.Best bet send in dogs to chase off the bears off now. Or hire that Billy the exterminated guy to get rid of them for yeah.Hound Dogs will and do work on bears, and deer don't seem to mind dog scent and sound so long as they aren't the ones being chased.Hound dogs are your best bet deer hogs and turkey will be back pretty quick (not by the time the season starts) but within a week in a half or so, you should see more game activity you want to hunt.I don't know if bears winter down there, but they will stay around to get fat for as long as they have to, before they do have to bed for the winter. So yeah you have to act fast.And remember bears in general, do winter need the fat buildup,and you need back up plans.

Last edited by Jeff Ovington; 09-18-2010 at 05:54 AM.