HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Smart phone video\range finder sight
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
xdamageincx
Spike

Originally Posted by ozbowhunter
that thing is an epic cam it is about three inches long and very light and it uploads straight to youtube as well
and explain to me if my phone is on my bow mounted in the stabliser hole how will i see through it to use it for aiming with marks superimposed on the screen REALLY ????
to much to bother with if i need to record it that little cam is great and it is light gets good video and works well to much tecnology will ruin the hunt andbelive me the pics are more stable then any i have ever taken on a bow mount and it gets the shot on video stable no bow shake and you see the arrow leave the bow as well as hit the target

i know plenty about the new phones and guess what mine makes calls as well
See through it?
If you ever looked at the new phones that have been out for about a year you would see a large screen and very little border around the screen.Almost like having nothing in front of you at all.
Imagine putting that screen in place of your bowsite. Now you have a 3.25 x 2" display(that will have magnification). There are programs out now like smart measure that have a duplex right on the screen. If code was written to super impose (whatever you want- a naked girl ,bow pins whatever) on the screen you have a digital site.
Mark my words it is coming. Do whatever you want to do. Your only real arguement is not seeing the arrow hit the deer (then use a luminock). Stick with your old technology- it works fine but why not use what is in your pocket already( your cell phone). I bet soon there will be digital sights that will replace the current mechanical ones.
There will also be infra red displays as well as light enhancement.
You guys from AU have made all kinds of internet software and you don't understand this?