HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Smart phone video\range finder sight
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 05:08 PM
xdamageincx
Spike

Originally Posted by HardwoodHunter
I'm honestly ashamed to think that Americans are actually letting electronics become involved in such a old, historic, sport like this...maybe in a couple years we'll have the bows sighting/shooting for us...
You must have a trad bow to make a statement like that.
You may not want to film your hunt to remember it forever. I wish that I could have filmed my first doe and could watch it today. It is a memory in my mind.
I rely on my phone for safety and many other reasons. Phones today are like mini computers.
Sure years ago people didn't use safety harnesses or compound bows.They didn't even have a cell phone. Today people have phones and so you really can't make them not take them into the woods. It is actually foolish not to bring a phone with you in the event that you fell out of your tree or whatever.So, if you have your phone with you why not use its capabilities to film your hunt without lugging a ton of equipment with you?
I can post to hunting.net while I am out there in my tree, Why wouldn't I? I enjoy the outdoors as much as the next guy and I have a mobile phone.I don't need to take the game reg book with me either since I can look it up anytime I want in the field. I can mark locations for rub lines etc. What is different about writing it donw on paper or remembering it? It is a sad day when people choose to live in the dark ages. Heck, I can record Pawn Stars from my tree while in the field so when I get home I can watch it. I can pay my bills etc which allows me more time in the field. Honestly who wouldn't want to spend more time outdoors?