HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 04:32 PM
wallhangr
Nontypical Buck

So I get home tonight and the wind has changed, perfect for the hillside across the street. I run downstairs, change quickly and grab my bow and load my quiver. It's around 5:30, so no time to pack a stand over and set it up. I'll just hunt from the ground. I wave to the neighbor and head into the woods. I worked my way slowly down the hillside (very steep) until I'm about 10 yds above the small creek which is about 10 yds wide. There's a strip of trees and a small bean field on the other side. I nock an arrow and sit down on a tree root. It wasn't 5 min until I saw 3 doe working across the beans. They walked right to the corner I was set up on, about 20-25 yds away and worked thru the trees down to the creek. All three waded in, drank for a second or two and then walked on. Couldn't tell if they came up the hill or followed the creek on down, but I did not jump them on the way out.

Two of the three presented shots at one time or another, but it was great just to be out there and see something!