HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - "cash spending"
Thread: "cash spending"
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 AM
blackhawk_archery
Typical Buck

I also already have slugs and everything I need for gun season,if I get some spare money I may update my clothing to something a little warmer.I did buy a new slug gun this year its a mossberg 500 with a smooth bore barrel it also came with a waterfowl barrel,I usualy use a single shot slug gun with a rifled barrel but after last years mishap I am taking the 3 shooter,I will tell you what had happend was It was the opening day of the firearm season,and a complete monster of a buck came right down a fence line hopped over directly in front of me this deer was 200 plus pounds body was so big I didnt even get a good look at the rack cause the body on this sucker had me dang near peeing my pants well anyway,I put the sights right on his heart and shot,he took off and I thought I had got a huge buck cause he was only 10 yards away heck how could I miss? I get up to look for blood and while im doing so I look back to see where I was setting at when I shot, and boy was I in for a surprise when I looked back.I had cut a 3" round tree dang near clean in half,that put an end to the single shot hunting.I also will be paying more attention to those little trees.

Last edited by blackhawk_archery; 09-14-2010 at 07:23 AM.