HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Smart phone video\range finder sight
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
xdamageincx
Spike

Maybe you don't understand what the capability of a smart phone is. Do you own one?
There are literally over 60 thousand applications and a whole slew geared toward hunting.
It has gps (with all kinds of maps) an internet connection and the ability to call someone in an emergency. I can even broadcast my hunt live from the tree all with my little phone.You can check the current weather by radar,search the web and plot what you see (make a database for the land you encounter and where game travel)...It can do so much more than that.
If you carry your big camera and arm, a gps, a cell phone and a pc with you you would be capable of the same thing. I'd rather just bring my phone.
So you see, it is probably the most powerful tool in my arsenal oter than my killing weapon.
There isn't any shake in the video because I don't shake when I shoot. I don't know any archers that do.The only shake is a fraction of a second when the shot is made. I can live with that,maybe you can't. I know I would be shaking from carrying all of that gear I mentioned above but I don't need it. I have it all in my wallet sized phone.I have my google maps property hunting boundaries mapped out and I can see real time where my hunting buddies are in relation to my location.It has a compas and a level to keep my bow level. I could even use it as my site if needed.
I can text,instant message,teleconference,mark way points,find daylight hours,moon phases (if you believe in that stuff) and so on.
I can also film my hunt with a package that weighs very little.
The really sad thing is that it is the future and you don't have to go along with it. I choose to.
Reminds me of the movie Big Jake when his son busts out the scope on his pistol...

Originally Posted by LKNCHOPPERS
I record some of my hunts with a high quality video camera attached to a tree arm. You won't get very good viseo off the smart phone, it will be shakey, but if that turns you on go for it.

It is a SAD day for the American Sportsman when your phone is your second best piece of hunting equipment. Hope your battery doesn't die it may ruin your hunt, but you will probably have extras since it is so important.