HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Guilty Feelings
Thread: Guilty Feelings
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:40 PM
sprintflyer
Typical Buck

I guess I'm one of them. This post was directed at me and seems to be snowballing. In case you didn't see my original reply it was directed at a young man deciding if he wanted to hunt with a bow. I have neve participated in an argument on this board and have no plans to now.

Ks, in looking back at some of your posts you Sir come off as somewhat derogatory in nature. While no expert, my trade has taught me I need to look at other points before making an informed decision. I don't feel you have given me this consideration.

Are you folks telling me when you make a bad shot, and we ALL have or will sometime in our hunts, you don't feel the least bit of compasion? Just for a fleeting instant? I find that to be somwhat baffling but also dissettling. I would think basic human nature would prevail.

The first deer I ever killed I spine shot and had to use a second arrow to do what I had so poorly attempted to do. In that brief few seconds I did feel guilt. Not overwhelming but some for a fleeting second. I think if we look back at our first kill you might see the same thing to varing degrees.

With that being said I am done with this subject. I've been a member here for several years and don't agree with some folks and I'm sure they don't see everything my way either. That's what places such as our beloved forum are for.

I made the above statments and will steadfastly stand behind them because I beleve in my values. Life is a gift from God. As for being campaired to wolves, I wish not to be lumped into the catagory because I am human and have a consious and abillity to reason.

I truley wish each and every one of you a safe season and sucessfull season indifferant of your stance on this topic. I do respect both sides but wanted to explain why I feel the way I do.

Shane