HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Neighbor shooting into my land
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 06:24 PM
andy da animal
Nontypical Buck

I was in a similar situation 2 years ago. I was doing some scouting and found a funnel where deer jumped the neighbors fence and came onto our property where they then walked on our side of the fence, but it was by a a corner so there wasn't alot of space to set up farther down to get a shot. So I went to the Neighbor and talked to him like I do every year. We always have a talk, always tell each other what radio channel we will be on and if they shoot a deer that runs onto our property to radio us so we know they entering our property and come get it, and he does the same. We then walk through the woods by the fence line to point out where anyone may be hunting for safety reasons. On the walk I discussed with hm the idea of placing my stand in that funnel. He told me it made sense to set up there and wished me the best of luck. 3 days after i set it up he called and was upset. Aparently he didnt understand i was guna be 20 yards from his property and facing 45 degree angle from fence line toward his property. I moved it 15 yards farther from the fence and changed the angle. He told me if i shoot toward the fence thats fine, just to try to make sure it was on our property. it is a barb wire fence line that has fallen down and rotted away to nothing making it hard to tell where it truely is unless you walk and look for it. I have flagged it the best i can, but last year i made a shot that was 5 yards on his property. I felt terrible and called him let him know and even told him what had happened. he was fine with it as I had done my best to flag and mark the line best i could. Long story short maybe talk to the guy...atleast ask him to mark the fence line best he can with flags, or markers so he doesnt take a shot onto your property.