HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - help on steel shot
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 08:16 PM
BIGBUCK17
Fork Horn

marlin yes i know black cloud has some pellets in it that arent round. its the 40% fleetstopper pellets and they are designed that way. if you cut open some winchester expert hi velecity shells it looks like someone shoved a bunch of nerds(the candy) in it.
and im not just "blaming my tools" i mean i shot hi density #4 shot for the last half of the season last year and there is a HUGE difference in stopping power over those 2 steel shots i shot last season. They just did not penetrate good or have very good downrange energy. I mean i shot a freakin coot sitting in the water from 20 yards with kent with my patternmaster duck choke and it just sat there after i shot it!!!!! so i shot it again and it just started swimming like nothing happened!!!!!! then it got up and flew to the end of the pond so i walked over there and shot it again and it finnally made him start goin spastic in the water. 3 shots with that stuff sittin still before anything happened!!!! my friend got the whole thing on camera and my pattern completely covered him up and thats when i decided im not shooting that crap anymore. i may try some of those federals that some of yall were talking about or the remingtons.

Last edited by BIGBUCK17; 09-08-2010 at 09:25 AM.