HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whitetail Deer Hunting 101.
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2010, 06:53 PM
eerdog
Spike

Understand your hunting property. Look for bedding areas, and feeding areas. Hunt bedding areas in the morning and feeding areas in the afternoon. If you understand where then you can truly hunt the travel locations and not get too close to the bedding area in the morning. Get there early, stay late and be extremely, extremely patient.

as I have gotten older and tired of cleaning deer... I would also repeat another post... set and watch the first few smaller bucks pass through. It makes you relax, gives you a little rush to enjoy what your doing, and gives you confidence to set longer. Not to mention it is good management. A lot of the times now I make it a game to see how close I can get, or how close they can get to me and if I can remain invisible to them. I've actually had deer bed down not 15 yrds from my feet and then after a nap have gotten up and fed towards me until they realize I am setting right there. Closest yet is 5 steps from my feet. No scent loc suit and laying on the ground.