HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Am I wrong?
Thread: Am I wrong?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 01:41 PM
*twodogs*
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by UPHunter08
"Just about anyone can learn to shoot a gun with a scope and hit somewhat accurately in a short amount of time, but bow hunting requires an entirely different level of skill."
That is elitist IMO. It's basically the same principals only applied to a different hunting implement: control your breathing, pick your spot, squeeze the trigger....Gotta agree with the above post....Twenty and in is a slam dunk with todays modern bows......

Bow hunting requires more knowledge of shot placement and your effective range. It also requires more scouting work because our range is limited. You must know their patterns so stand placement works to your advantage - not as critical with gun for obvious reasons.

I've given someone a tuned bow who is a good shot with a gun and they are drilling arrows in tight groups at 20 yards with a little instruction. The ability to judge yardage...nah, get a range finder.

Where he might have trouble is his buck fever since bow hunters are right there with the deer. And I agree with you, wouldn't put him in my "go to" stands either until he's out there doing the pre-season work as well.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-02-2010 at 02:08 PM.