HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big name hunters & ethics
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 02:31 AM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

I see a lot of forums about bait don't bait, trophy hunters vs meat hunters, for sure shots vs so called unethical. Here's a few simple rules in the world of hunting to follow. If you have never tried it how do you know if you can do it, like it or want to do it again?

I'm usually not one to brag but thank God my father was never one to walk behind and go with the flow. I can shoot 50yds with my modern compound bow. I can kill a bull elk 600yds away at timber line where there's no more cover to get closer. I'm glad I still have the right to travel to places that's legal to bait bear and take one with my bow. I have the right to hunt mountain lions with dogs and do so every winter. I'm proud to let spike bucks go and make my hunt more of a challenge even if I don't get an animal.

I love it when someone stands there and says you can't do that or you can't make that shot. My only response to that is Oh yeah watch this. What one man can do another can do if not better. Continue to doubt life and you'll live in the dark your whole life. What one man does or uses as a tool for his means of harvesting game is not my right to discredit. I do have my opinions but I'll not be shocked if he gets it done his own way. It's about time hunters banned together instead of getting themselves banned from hunting all together. Teach the basics of ethical hunting and let each man chose his own path.