HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tell me about .300 Ultra Mag recoil...
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

So a guy should or should not have a muzzle brake because you don't like them at the range?? That cracks me up Bigbulls.
Thanks, I'll be here all night......

I never said that he shouldn't have a brake if he wants one. He can have what he wants on his rifle. Doens't mean I have to like shooting next to him. I love it when I am sitting there gently squeezing through the trigger pull and BANG... I get to feel the muzzle blast on the side of my face from the guy next to me. Does wonders for shooting tight groups.

If I had a brake on one of my larger caliber rifles I would have enough respect for the people sitting next to me to let them know I was about to destroy their hearing with my braked 300 ultra mag. Most people don't.

I probably would never had a muzzle break in my life but a couple of back surgeries and a titanium plate on your neck will change your mind.
I hate that that happened to you but if I were in your situation I would honestly choose to shoot a lighter recoiling cartridge rather than install a brake.