HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Big name hunters & ethics
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 08:31 PM
kswild
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Kybuckhunter
I can't believe all the quartering to shots we see now. These shots used to be taboo and you just didnt take them. I've still never taken one in all the years I've hunted. To me if a good shot doesn't present itself then the deer wins that day.
Yes but what defines a "good shot" in your book is not necessarily a bad shot in my book. There are numerous ways to hit the vitals. The question is who's shot book are you playing by? If you can't make the shot, then don't. Personally I love ANY shot that kills the deer and puts food on the table. Don't know about you, but when I'm hunting there is no one standing over my shoulder saying don't take that shot.... I am the only one who knows the right time to shoot... and all the decision is based on are 2 things, can I make the shot and will it do the job it is suppose to do, end of story. I never even think about what someone else thinks, cares, says, has or has not done before. Take the shots you can make and pass on the ones you can't, it really is as simple as that.
Live it up! Doug