HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Paying for tags before drawings - what's up with that?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:52 PM
Blackelk
Typical Buck

I think it's the best money making tool for divisions of wildlife all over the USA. Actually without them holding your money for a couple of months and then returning it or you draw your tag, then the price of every tag would become outrageous. For one this is where they get the money to do habitat projects, animal surveys, and funding for wildlife personnel. Another thought it's like putting it in a savings account for future use if you don't draw minus a application fee. I do understand that some states like Arizona holds as much as $125.00 of non refundable application fee. That's a bit much but most put it all to good use. It's our small part of buying tags that has brought wildlife habitat up to date across the board. Your not seeing the bigger picture and you'll get your money back or get to go hunting. Without this interest money their would be a lot less hunting available. That's the bigger picture. I do know it's hard to chunk out money on draws. There is a lot myself I can't afford to put in every year but I pick the ones most important to me.