HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which is the best deer rifle......
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:41 AM
ipscshooter
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by needs_recoil
Have you shot a newer remington model 700? Or just going by what youve heard? Im looking at 4 remington model 700s sitting in my safe that were bought within the last couple years. Two sps's an xcr and a sendero. Ill guarantee they will outshoot the shooter. I always have and always will love remingtons. Ive never owned one that didnt do exactly what I expected it to.
I wanna know about the bad ones that are out there. Ill buy every one of them. If they are that bad then the owners of these guns shouldnt mind selling them for less than what they paid just to get rid of them right?
Im sorry if I sound like an @$$ I dont mean to be. But this statement to me is like the one where partitions failed because they didnt kill an elk not hit in the vitals. You are right in one respect older remingtons are great but so are the new ones. My opinion... Id never choose a savage over a remington. But I also wouldnt take 90% of the different brands of rifles over a remington either.
Yeah, no kidding. I've got four 700's. A 15+ year old ADL (.30-06) an, an even older BDL (7mm RM), as well as two newer ADL's (.243 and 7mm-08) that were each bought within the last five years. They all shoot better than I can...