HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Another Bostick plantation thread
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:22 PM
mallardman68
Spike

Default Another Bostick plantation thread

I saw another thread on here about the place and wanted to add my two cents but the thread was closed.
Just got back yesterday from a 3 day hunt. Let me tell you now just to save your money!! There were 6 of us there and 1 hog killed, no deer killed........and yes we all were deer hunting as well.
Now normally I do alot of research on something before I buy it, but this time I failed to do any! I had seen mine first ad for the place about 25 years ago in a sporting magazine and it stuck with me, I had envisioned a nice little buck in velvet for the wall. Well all told I saw a total of 5 deer, 4 does and 1 buck..........and 1 pig. I let my gf take the shot at the buck and she failed to connect, so in all fairness we did have 1 opportunity..........the pig acted like it had just been released and was hitting about 45 mph through a thicket, no chance of even getting the gun up on it. I asked to be put on a field and got it.........just happened to be a cotton field(never seen a deer eat cotton), then I asked to be put on a food plot..........got it...........just happened to be a 3 year old food plot that had grown into a ragweed field.

All the hunters in camp were very disgruntled................but hey, the cooking was great!

P.S.
beware the tree stands...............they probably kill more than the hunters there!